Sunday 13 May 2012

Movie choice for the weekend - Bridesmaids

I was quite ill on the night of my birthday so didn't do much.  On Friday night - which is of course the beginning of the weekend, I began to feel better but preferred to stay home yet do something to cheer me up so husband got me a DVD, Bridesmaids.  Well, what can I say?  It definitely did not disappoint!

I find the beginning of the film a little bit slow but after about 15-20 minutes, it began to get interesting.  Most of the actors/actresses are faces I haven't seen before which means I should go out more! There are two familiar faces, however - one is Melissa McCarthy who plays the role of Sookie St. James in the series, Gilmore Girls and two, Rose Byrne (how can one forget the lady who made love with Brad Pitt in the film, Troy?).

Quite interestingly, the looks of the women aren't overly glamourised which makes it very easy for me to relate to them.  There are exaggerated scenes which I find to be completely over-the-top...and yet so interesting I carried on watching!  Nobody behaves the way some of the characters behaved in this movie but then it is a movie, isn't it?  I guess that's what makes it a dynamite, the unbelievably chaotic scenes which I can only describe as mental.  Yes, very.


Overall, I have no complaints.  It is absolutely hilarious!  It really did crack me up.  I would definitely watch it again.  In fact, I've been thinking of watching it again tonight, with a box of yummy chocolates!

A birthday treat from a friend!

How did you spend your weekend? 


Disclaimer:  This is not an advertisement.  I purchased the DVD and watched it in my own home.  I was not compensated for this review.

9 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEN!!! Oh I'm so sorry you were ill! I do hope you are feeling better now? Please rest some more and take things easy! Chocolate always helps too as well as fab deranged but ever so funny films like this!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the movie entertaining. I saw it a while ago, so now the details are getting fuzzy. Glad you enjoyed it. I like you review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Len - sorry you were ill, but hope by now you've recovered .. enjoyed the movie again and not made yourself sick on chocolates!

    Have a good summer - if it ever arrives! Cheers - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated happy birthday Len!! So glad you're feeling better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen that DVD yet, those chocolates look yummy! Hope you're feeling loads better soon. We spent yesterday at the allotment which was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, those chocolates look delicious! And congrats on being RAOK blitzed today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poor you feeling grotty on your Birthday, Bridesmaids was certainly a good choice to cheer you up. I remember watching this on a plane and trying to stifle my giggles as the person in the seat next to me, gave me a strange look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated happy birthday! :) *stares at screen and licks chocolate*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I quite enjoyed Bridesmaids! I love Melissa McCarthy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your time and am very pleased that you have read my blog. I will be coming over to visit yours, too, if you have one.

Happy to see you here!